| Happy Leon Day (Noel spelled backwards)! |
Yes, it's hard to believe with the hot weather we're having, but last Thursday, the 25th of June, we were halfway (6 months) to Christmas!
And to top it off .. days in Oregon are already shorter by roughly 3 to 4 minutes since the summer solstice!
Yoohoo! I can't wait for cooler days, and nights, and holiday cheer ... it's coming! Only the summer to get through .. yeah, minor detail ...
Although, we are actually very comfortable at the moment!
Last week the temperatures plummeted from 96F on Monday to 76F on Tuesday and the next day these clouds started rolling in:
It rained on and off all day, not very hard but steadily and since then temps have been in the mid-sixties. Perfect!
It looks like it won't get above 70 until Thursday, so far I like this summer!
(she said and immediately looked around to go and knock on wood!)
This picture was obviously made before it got 'cold' when we were having coffee outside on the shady-side of the RV ...
It acts as your digital passport, proving your identity to avoid in-person visits or mailing physical documents, which of course comes in handy when you live abroad.
(I actually had to stay up until 12 am to make a video-appointment and than had to get up at 6.30 a week later to actually have it).
Here's a few funny pictures:
This Blackbird chick on the right is almost as big as her mama and is still begging to be fed!
I thought it was so funny how the mom sort of pulls pulls back in disgust. Kids!
And I had to chuckle when I saw this old, dead tree that seemed to be sagging to the left under the weight of a bunch of Turkey vultures ...
Oh, I almost forgot .. my new dutch passport finally arrived!
It 'only' took 11 weeks! Geez, Louise!
No comments:
Post a Comment