They flower from June to September and I absolutely love them!
I noticed this week that the green parts of the flowers, the stem and the, very tiny, leaves are starting to turn brown.
I think it's the drought, since despite the (spectacular) Thunderstorm we had a week ago we're getting very dry around here.
I've seen some maples that already show fall colors!
These pictures of the green heron that showed up a couple of times this week clearly (or actually not clearly) show this:
I think we'll have lots of plants next year!
Not quite what you'd want but I'll just mow them all down and probably leave a few as a feature plant again.
Again .. blurry pictures and it's not me!
It looks like my Butterscotch Squash is putting out at least one squash (top pic) and upon close inspection of my Zucchini-plant I found about 3 or 4 that might grow into something as well. Yeah!
So I finally persuaded myself to get a better one (lots of excuses that it wasn't broken and I shouldn't sit too long any-ways and more of that nonsense) and voila .. Walmart had one on sale:
This is the router on the left, which is much smaller than what we had and which sits on the bookshelf:
The 'whatsamethingy' on the right is plugged in under the counter, out of sight.
So far, so good, it is at least four times as fast as what we had so we're happy campers!
Temperatures are forecasted to rise this week, I guess it had to happen, into the high 80s, low 90s with 95 as the hottest on Wednesday, after which we'll go back in the high 70s next Sunday.
So, a little hot flash for the start of August but not for too long of a period ... yet.
I baked a southern tomato-pie:
Very easy, filled with nice, ripe tomatoes, fresh basil from my garden, lots of cheese and mayo (my favorite condiment) of all things!
It's delicious, very summery (and good for 2 meals for the two of us).
According to James he could eat this every week and could I please make this a staple!
Duly noted ...
To finish it off I'd also made some nice, triple chocolate and pecan (I was out of walnuts), brownies.
I think we're eating well ..
No comments:
Post a Comment