Yes! It's here! Fall!
Once again my favorite time of the year is here ... and of course I wasted no time decorating:
The straw-man I usually place outside somewhere was demolished last year by the pesky ground squirrels so I went ahead and brought out a few small pumpkins and another foam pumpkin arrangement in it's place.
Which was a big mistake because Samson immediately stole one of the smaller ones and tore it apart in 1 minute flat, and I could only just rescue the larger one from between his teeth, before he took of with that one as well!!
So, inside it came and I found a perfect place for it on top of our little heather (that doesn't get hot on top by the way).
Still very little fall colors .. the maples in town are starting to turn but unfortunately we don't have any maples on the property, so we have to do with the yellow of ashes and a little orange/brown of the blackberries:

The blackberries above actually turned brown due to the drought but hey, they changed color, so I count them in ..

Still very little fall colors .. the maples in town are starting to turn but unfortunately we don't have any maples on the property, so we have to do with the yellow of ashes and a little orange/brown of the blackberries:
The blackberries above actually turned brown due to the drought but hey, they changed color, so I count them in ..
The first spiderwebs are appearing .. totally fine, as long as they're not in my way, otherwise .. brrrr!
I'm finally having somewhat of a harvest to speak of from my vegetables.
Still not much if you count all the planning, watering and protecting (from sun and/or bugs), but I take it!
| I love the look of those 'rattlesnake beans'! Too bad they turn completely green when cooked .. |
The new barn has a roof, which has been covered with roofing felt, and one of the 'wings' is up and covered as well:
The metal that goes on top of it is coming on Tuesday, so they're right on schedule.
We're about to loose the little view we had for a while but it will block a lot of the sound of the mill again, shield us from some of the weather and give us back the privacy we had before.
It will look a lot better than the old, falling down shed that was there as well!
This was the one that came in the surprise package we received from my family for our 25th anniversary.
Since we met in Japan it was a very appropriate one of course:
But boy, oh boy, this was not an easy one! Let's just say that a lot of bad language was used in the making of it!
But I persevered and voila! Done!
Other than that I don't have much to talk about this week.
It is getting a little cooler, we only had 2 days in the low 80s and a few surprising cold nights of 46F but it's still quite warm outside, especially when the sun is out.
The forecast is for an inch of rain this week though, god knows we need it, but I'm not so sure. I guess we'll see it when we see it ..
No comments:
Post a Comment