Translate

Sunday, September 27, 2026

 

Yes, finally, there it is! Fall!
The nights are rather on the cool side with temps in the high 40s and low 50s and the days, especially in the mornings and evenings, a lot cooler as well with temps around 65F.
I feel like a cloud has lifted for me now I know the heat is on it's way out, and especially in nature everything is so much clearer and full of energy. 
There's an urgency of gathering food, filling up before winter, and getting ready to migrate.
We've seen, and heard, the first geese flying over on their way south!

MI enjoyed my weekly walk around the pond in Willamina where it was wonderfully quiet and calm ...




Colorful leaves are falling and I feel the urge to shuffle them like Snoopy 
and see them flying ...



Tomorrow we're leaving for our little trip 'up North', into Washington State.
We're going to be at Mt Rainier National Park for 2.5 days, followed by 2.5 days in Leavenworth, making a rough loop coming and going:

                   


The 369-sq.-mile park surrounds 14,410 feet Mt. rainier which is the highest peak in Washington state.
It's an active volcano, and the most glaciated peak in the contiguous U.S.A., spawning five major rivers.
We are hoping to see the mountain, which is not always the case, since it is often wrapped in clouds, depending on the weather.
The forecast is fairly good, cool and partly cloudy, except for Tuesday when they predict showers with about 0.25" of rain. We'll see ...

Leavenworth is a charming (so they say) Bavarian-themed mountain town nestled in the Cascade Range of Washington State.
Apparently it is quite touristy with lots of German restaurants and shops, and some quirky attractions like a nutcracker museum and a reindeer farm!
The summer and weekends (and during Christmas) are very busy but since we're there on Wednesday through Friday we hope it will be OK.

I hope I will be able to make some nice pictures which is getting harder and harder with the state my poor, old camera is in at the moment: 

      

A couple of months ago I lost the front ring, which somewhat protects the lens, and 2 days ago the screw with which the camera is attached to the belt unscrewed by itself and it dropped on the rocky path I was on, cracking the LCD screen.
I think it'll still make OK pictures but I also think it's about time to look for a new one!

Today we've been preparing for the trip. 
We washed the car, since the dusty dirt-roads that James is often on makes it look quite bad:


                                                  

And I did some laundry and somehow managed to get all clothes and toiletries in the suitcase and some snacks and drinks and other miscellaneous stuff in another small bag ..


I also finished another Wysocki puzzle, one I bought at the local thrift-shop.
You never know if all the pieces will be there when you buy puzzles second-hand but fortunately these were all accounted for.





And I started a new one. I make this one almost every year at the start of Fall. 
It has nice fall colors and lots and lots of pumpkins ... perfect to get in the (Fall) mood.
Not that I need that .. I'm fully in it of course! 

                                  


All the decorations are up! Hey, It's Fall Y'all!



No comments:

Post a Comment