The nights are definitely on the cool side now, mostly in the 50s and we had a 49 already, and the mornings can be a little foggy and dewy. The sun comes out most afternoons though and I still had to turn on the AC twice this week. But it's sure is changing!
Fall colors are more and more visible, as seen on my morning walks in the neighborhood:
I noticed a few more (tiny) 'shrooms and the poison-oak in the oak trees have turned a beautiful red:
Still, it has been warm enough to have our morning cup of coffee outside, albeit on the sunny side of the RV now, (the shady pond-side is now too damp and cool in the morning) where it is the perfect temperature under the umbrella.
That cheeky squirrel I talked about last week, that had taken possession of one of our lawn chairs, now tried to get to the bird-feeders a couple of days ago:
Climbing up wasn't really a problem for him (her?) but from there he couldn't reach the ports in the feeders so he had to take defeat and slowly let himself slide down the pole again ... I wonder what he'll think of next?
The replacement part for the leaking gas-regulator came in, so James took care of swapping them out:
With Fall around the corner (as in tomorrow!) it will be good to have that repaired!
Yesterdays 'Saturday-soup-of-the-week' was a Corn Chowder.
I had some corn-on-the-cob in the shed that I forgot about, which was about 10 days old ... not so good straight-of-the-cob anymore but still perfect for soup!
And so it went:
"Und noow, vee makin' ze deeleecioous coorn choowder! Vee take-a ze coorny-coorn und vee tross it in ze pot-a! "Børk! Børk! Børk!" 😁

"Und noow, vee makin' ze deeleecioous coorn choowder! Vee take-a ze coorny-coorn und vee tross it in ze pot-a! "Børk! Børk! Børk!" 😁
| |
Together with some corn muffins, it was very good! Another winner! |
So yes, tomorrow it will be Fall! Yes! Finally!
(Well, officially it will be the 22nd at 5.05 pm here in the Pacific North-West, but who's counting? Me, me, me!)
That reminds me, I'm off to go and gather all my decorations, and see if I have some apple-cider somewhere.
(Well, officially it will be the 22nd at 5.05 pm here in the Pacific North-West, but who's counting? Me, me, me!)
That reminds me, I'm off to go and gather all my decorations, and see if I have some apple-cider somewhere.
Yahoo! Can you tell I'm exited?!
No comments:
Post a Comment